Most Effective Workouts:
People always workout their biceps thinking it will make their arms look bigger. This is only true to a certain extent.
Your TRICEPS make up 2/3 of the muscles in your arms. So if you want bigger arms, you should focus more on your shoulders and triceps, throwing in a bicep workout once a week. With that said, here are some great bicep workouts:
BEFORE YOU DO ANY BICEP WORKOUT, remember; DO NOT arch your back. Keep your back straight, and your biceps will get stronger faster because you are not using your back to lift the weight, you are using ALL biceps.
2. Keep your elbows at your sides, bring the bar up to your chest.
2. Lift the bar so that your arms are perpendicular to your body, and hold it there for one second. Do this a total of seven times.
3. When you complete the seventh rep, bring the bar up to your chin.
4. Bring the bar back down to where your arms are perpendicular to your body and hold it for one second. Do this seven times.
5. Perform 7 full barbell curls.
2. Alternate curling with each arm, keeping your elbows at your sides.
Dumbbell curls are beneficial because they help in stabilizing each arm equally.
2. Instead of having your palms facing upwards (like you would with regular curls), grip the bar so that your palms are facing downwards.
3. Perform a curling motion, keeping your elbows at your sides.
2. With a dumbbell in each hand, alternate curling, keeping your elbows at your sides.
2. Alternate lifting each dumbbell up to your chest. (Picture this lift as if you were running in place without moving your legs).
*Make sure to keep good form, and when lowering the bar, do not just drop it, lower it slowly.